Hoang joined CrossFit 1836 back in 2013 and has become an incredible athlete in our gym. We asked Hoang a few questions about his CrossFit story…
1. What has been your biggest improvement while at CrossFit 1836?
2. Any advice for people wanting to try out CrossFit 1836?
Just get off the couch and do it. Go try a community workout and if it’s not your thing you’ve only wasted an hour.
3. What’s your favorite movement?
4. Why did you start CrossFit?
I was talked into it by a friend and was hooked on the first day.
5. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit 1836?
The big ass fan and the community is awesome. They are not just people I exercise with, I consider them my friends. Oh and the coaches are okay too. Just kidding the coaches are great.
6. What is your favorite Paleo meal?
Are chicken McNuggets paleo? No paleo meals for me, its all about the RP strength
7. What is your favorite “cheat” meal?
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
CrossFit, ride motorcycles and spending time with my family
9. What is something that you have accomplished while doing CrossFit that you never thought you would be able to do?
Completing 3 Spartan races in 1 year with fellow 1836er’s Dana Gilman, Matt and Michelle Dunn thanks for the push guys.
10. What do you do for a living?
Babysit an orthopedic surgeon.
11. Tell me a little bit about yourself and your family?
Not much to tell. I was born and raised in Houston. I have lived and worked in Kingwood for about 13 years.
12. What is something you want to achieve in CrossFit?
Be able to take my shirt off in public.